I am very blessed to live in a household that celebrates both Easter and Passover. I am on a very poignant personal journey at the moment and my thoughts turned to the messages of this week. I think we could all use a little wisdom from the Easter and Passover stories.
A few thoughts, inspired by Passover:
- Identify 10 things that are plaguing you or holding you back. Understand that you can’t control them. Commit to controlling how you respond to them. Identify 10 blessings.
- What are you a slave to? Money, prestige, appearances?
- You may be the unlikely choice to be a leader. Lead anyway, even if by example.
- All who are wander are not lost. Keep going. It may take a while.
- What things in your life need an exit strategy?
A few thoughts, inspired by Easter:
- Not everything is as it appears. Just because something is dormant doesn’t mean it is dead.
- Sometimes life is really unfair and unjust. Fight for justice and fairness when you can.
- We all experience betrayal. We all experience disappointment in our friends. Forgive and look at your boundaries. Do you have healthy boundaries?
- Fortune is fickle. We may be on top of the world one week, crucified the next. Stay humble.
- There is always a new beginning, even after the worst circumstances. Live for today, hope for tomorrow.
Whether your personal journey is through the book of Exodus or the New Testament or trailblazing your own path, spring is a great time to re-evaluate all that needs fresh energy in your life. I hope you are having a Blessed Passover and/or Joyous Easter! And for those not celebrating, a Happy Spring!
Follow Actress & Producer Kristin West on her adventures, whether on a movie set, at a film festival or on her travels. Kristin co-hosts What Women Want Talk Radio on LA Talk Radio and is a contributor for MOGUL & Domain of Horror.