Lately, I’ve seen a great deal of success with using Pinterest as tool for my visioneering. Specifically, I am using Pinterest to construct my vision board. What’s great about this is that it’s totally portable, as long as I have the app on my phone and a good internet connection.
In the spirit of “sharing is caring”, I also started an Affirmations board of my personal affirmations. I will be adding my personal affirmations to this board and Instagram weekly.
I firmly believe we can all rise together, which is why I am committing to elevating others as well as myself. In what ways can we rise together? Put you suggestions in the comments!
Do you have plans to do something nice for yourself today? Self care is an important part of well being so be sure to take some me time . So often we lose ourselves in the hustle and bustle and daily routine that we can’t hear that small inner voice that keeps us fresh, creative and ready . To be your best you, you must honor that voice!
Self Care Ideas:
- Explore a new neighborhood in your city.
- Give yourself 10 min away from the computer, turn your phone off, light some incense and just listen.
- Give yourself a facial or pedicure.
- Float in a pool. Just float.
- Buy yourself some flowers.
- Color! There’s so many age-appropriate (aka adult) coloring books now!
- Grab some bubbles and blow bubbles.
- Dance to your favorite music, without or without friends.
- If you have a pet, cuddle with them!
- Try yoga nidra. (You’ll thank me!)
Remember, there’s only ONE you. You are irreplaceable.
Take care yourself today & every day!
Every moment we are evolving, growing, changing. New cells are formed, others die. We are in a constant state of change. Have compassion for where you are right now, not where you think you “should” be, but where you truly are. You can evolve and change, but you also have to have a deep love for yourself and where you are today. Part of having body positivity is embracing that you are human in a human body and that you are in a process of evolving.
Oil painting by Robert McCall
My dear friends,
This past year I have really gotten in touch with how much I have to be grateful for. Even tonight, even when things weren’t going so well over my Christmas dinner out, I found touch points of gratitude and that was the gift of my 2017. I could always find something to be genuinely grateful for.
For 2018, I think we all need a little more PEACE. We ask, and sing and talk about “peace on earth” year after year that I think that it becomes tinny with the repetition. However, I think we need to find a deep and profound peace more than ever. Even if we disagree with something or someone politically, we need to find peace. Even if that someone or something, manages to irk us every single time, we need to find peace.
This Christmas Eve, I am committing my 2018 to creating, fostering and maintaining peace. It was St. Francis of Assisi who popularized what we now call a creche or a manager scene. And it was also St. Francis who prayed, “make me an instrument of Your peace.”
I love this painting above by Robert McCall. It points to how small we are, how small many of our problems are, compared to the vastness of the cosmos. However, I think if we all do our small part to be the peace we are seeking, that can also do so much good.
My Christmas wish for you is to find the peace you are seeking. If you are seeking peace of mind, I hope you find it. I hope you create it. If your heart is at unrest, I hope for you to have a peaceful heart in 2018. Seekers are finders and I hope you seek peace and find it.
Happiest Holiday to You & Yours!
Sometimes not everything is peachy in Kristin-land. I have my ups and downs. There’s that catchphrase, “The struggle is real.” Well, the stupid is real too and some days are full of very real and very consequential stupid.
I have had to learn how to manage a few roller coaster situations in the last few months. I’ve had to work on checking in with myself and I’ve found a surprising source of happy-my Tumblr. My Tumblr has been godsend the past few months.
My Tumblr consists of mostly things I find fun, interesting and make me happy. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve pressed the “Random” button, seen a photo I’ve long forgotten and broken into a smile. It’s my happy bank.
There’s a lot of rancor on social media. It’s the zeitgeist. However, I think we all need a little digital happy place, one that we don’t feel the need to impress too much or grow following, just a space to let those memories that make us happy “be”. If I were craftier, I’d scrapbook, but then I’d have to carry it around everywhere. Considering my penchant for mislaying things, it’s probably best that my happy bank is digitized.
My point is, sometimes life hits hard. It may be difficult to see the blessings. You may be barraged by stupid. When those times come, it’s important to remember the good times. Fill your happy bank and your heart will always be full of gratitude when you need it most. For me, it’s a small space on Tumblr. Explore what works for you.
I am very blessed to live in a household that celebrates both Easter and Passover. I am on a very poignant personal journey at the moment and my thoughts turned to the messages of this week. I think we could all use a little wisdom from the Easter and Passover stories.
A few thoughts, inspired by Passover:
- Identify 10 things that are plaguing you or holding you back. Understand that you can’t control them. Commit to controlling how you respond to them. Identify 10 blessings.
- What are you a slave to? Money, prestige, appearances?
- You may be the unlikely choice to be a leader. Lead anyway, even if by example.
- All who are wander are not lost. Keep going. It may take a while.
- What things in your life need an exit strategy?
A few thoughts, inspired by Easter:
- Not everything is as it appears. Just because something is dormant doesn’t mean it is dead.
- Sometimes life is really unfair and unjust. Fight for justice and fairness when you can.
- We all experience betrayal. We all experience disappointment in our friends. Forgive and look at your boundaries. Do you have healthy boundaries?
- Fortune is fickle. We may be on top of the world one week, crucified the next. Stay humble.
- There is always a new beginning, even after the worst circumstances. Live for today, hope for tomorrow.
Whether your personal journey is through the book of Exodus or the New Testament or trailblazing your own path, spring is a great time to re-evaluate all that needs fresh energy in your life. I hope you are having a Blessed Passover and/or Joyous Easter! And for those not celebrating, a Happy Spring!
Just as we can take small daily actions to improve ourselves, we can also take small daily actions to improve our world.
There are apps that you can load on your phone that will help you support your favorite charities.
Read more on Mogul.